boot camp - corrupt boot table - mdisk testdisk

Reaction score
Hello-

after installion of OS X 10.7 Lion I had an issue with starting Windows 7 on my boot camp partition. (because of to much partition on MBR, more as 4)

Because of this issue I was trying to fix it with different tools.
Now is my boot table MBR complete corrupt. The partition of boot camp is still there but I am not able to boot or to mount it.

OS X 10.6 error message (sorry german message):

Volume „disk0s5“ überprüfen
** /dev/disk0s5
Invalid BS_jmpBoot in boot block: 000000
Fehler: Die Festplatten muss repariert werden. Klicken Sie auf „Volume reparieren“.
Volume „disk0s5“ überprüfen und reparieren
** /dev/disk0s5
Invalid BS_jmpBoot in boot block: 000000
Reparatur des Volumes abgeschlossen.Boot-Support-Partitionen nach Bedarf für das Volume aktualisieren.Fehler: Das Festplatten-Dienstprogramm kann dieses Volume nicht reparieren. Sichern Sie so viele Dateien wie möglich, formatieren Sie das Volume neu und stellen Sie Ihre gesicherten Dateien wieder her.

I was trying to fix the boot table with gdisk and testdisk but without success.

TestDisk (Rebuild BS) doesn't works. I don't get a message.

Could somebody recommend a workaround for me. The partition is still there only the boot table is corrupt.

The most important thing for me is to recover some important files (tax saving software)

also a recover app with support for NTFS partition would be nice.

/Micro from Germany

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.