• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Recording with Logitech HD Webcam and Audio Interface

Reaction score
HI,

I have just purchased a Logitech C310 for my Mac and soon after I got it home I found out that the hardware is not fully supported on Mac.

I have posted on the logitech forums with no success.

My issue is this:

I used to use Screenflow as it allowed me to take the audio from my Apogee Duet audio Interface. This has served until I bought this webcam. The webcam is HD and from what I've read Screenflow does not support HD so when recording the picture kinda stutters. Its not very smooth at all.

I then tried downloading the only Mac software Logitech recommended. The video playback is fantastic but the issue lies with the sound. It gives me the option to select with sound input I would like ie: Webcam mic, internal mic or my audio interface. Even though im selecting my audio interface it still records from the webcam mic.

So my question is this....Is there a third party software that will allow me to use this webcam in HD but alos record the sound from my audio interface?

I must add the reason I am using my audio interface is that I play my guitar through logic and it has tones etc assigned to it.

I have tried quicktime and it only allows me to record a dry signal (guitar with no tones assigned)

Hope this isnt too confusing :Oops:

Thanks

Reaction score
I'm curious how you got the webcam working. I've tried downloading the UVC drivers for it (LWS210 & LWS220), but my Mac won't allow me to run the files because it's made by an "unknown developer".

So I can't even get this stupid cam going.

The funny thing is that the Mic works, but the video won't... and all I need it for is Skype.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.