Advice on what to buy?

Reaction score
Hello there, pardon if this is in the wrong section.

I need advice. I have a total of $250 I can spend on a apple device right now. I get $100 a month, from my job.
Should I buy a 8gb iPod touch 4g?
Or wait a few months to buy a 16gb iPad 3g wifi only?

I need advice, I'm not sure which to buy. I can tell you though I spend alot of time on both my iPod 2g and my laptop, which I mainly use for browsing and stuff when I don't feel like getting on my actual pc. I use my iPod for the same thing, but to watch movies and play apps.

i would much appreciate it if anyone could give me advice, as I am in a pickle right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz I7 4GB mem version 10.10 Yosemite // Ipad3 // iPhone 4S
I would keep saving and get the 16g iPad 3 wi-fi version. They run $400 new and when you add tax and some kind of protector you're looking closer to $500. Peruse Craigslist and you'll find used ones on there for less than $400 and most already come with a decent case. Thats the route i went and am very pleased with it. They're great for watching movies on.

OP
L
Reaction score
I would keep saving and get the 16g iPad 3 wi-fi version. They run $400 new and when you add tax and some kind of protector you're looking closer to $500. Peruse Craigslist and you'll find used ones on there for less than $400 and most already come with a decent case. Thats the route i went and am very pleased with it. They're great for watching movies on.

Thank you for you're advice, but I was on the apple site and they were $500, not $400. I am going to wait for more advice, but thank you for giving me some valuable advice.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As large as iOS apps are getting and with the new Retina display on the 3rd generation iPad, I wouldn't even think of getting one with 16 GB capacity. I purchased the 32 GB version and wondering if I should have gotten the 64 GB one instead. When you add the 4G LTE feature and the new accidental damage Apple Care coverage, you're looking at upward of $800 - $900 for the new iPad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz I7 4GB mem version 10.10 Yosemite // Ipad3 // iPhone 4S
You're right. For some reason I was thinking $400. I would still keep looking if I were you though.

C

chas_m

Any particular reason you can't get the refurbished iPad 2? Or a refurbished iPod Touch?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.