Folder expansion

Reaction score
Hope someone can help, I am new to Mac, just received the Macbook Pro Lion but I am having trouble trying to figure out how to get Picture file to expand when copying imagery from internet?? The Picture file in My Finder has sub folders and they don't open up so I can attach or copy the image to one of the sub folders, I have to copy to the main Picture folder and then go to this location and then drag it into the correct sub folder. Or is this a function Mac doesn't have like Windows does???
Thanks
Cartep::eek:

C

chas_m

Normally, hovering over the folder for a moment will cause it to open and then you can proceed to the sub folders and do likewise.

I just checked it and yes, it works as I expect it would.

OP
C
Reaction score
Folder drop down

Thanks for quick reply. I have tried this but nothing happens. I am clicking on "save image as" and then the "export as" box comes up with file options, I am choosing pictures and none of the folders within "pictures" are visible? Is there a setting somewhere I have missed ?? Expand folders ??? or something?
Thanks again
Cartep

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
where it says "save as;" and then you have a box to type your filename, next to that to the right is an arrow. Click on that arrow and a list of folders is displayed.

OP
C
Reaction score
Hi , I click on the arrow and I get a drop down of files but I am wanting to open one of the drop down files?? which is what I am not able to do? I am not getting just "save as" I am getting options of "save image as" or "save image as download to" . Am I totally just doing it incorrectly from the beginning ?
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
Why do you want to open a file when you're saving another one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz i7 16GB RAM 250G SSD OS X Mountain Lion, iMac mid 2011, iPhone 3G
Hi , I click on the arrow and I get a drop down of files but I am wanting to open one of the drop down files?? which is what I am not able to do? I am not getting just "save as" I am getting options of "save image as" or "save image as download to" . Am I totally just doing it incorrectly from the beginning ?
Thanks

DO THIS

-Right click on the image you want to copy in the internet.
-Save Image As..
-Small window will appear. Click drop down arrow on "Where:".
-Choose "Pictures".
-On the same small window. Click the drop down arrow on "Export As:".
-Choose the folder you want to save into.
-Hit "Save".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Hi , I click on the arrow and I get a drop down of files but I am wanting to open one of the drop down files?? which is what I am not able to do?

I think you mean folders above. If memory serves... If you click the one you want to save the image file to, it will highlight. If you double-click it, it will become the active folder in that box next to the arrow and the lower box will display all the things in it. Click Save.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.