Image thumbnails - Can OSX do it? Help

Reaction score
Hi

I recently had a film processed and a Cd of the images done. On my old PC with Xp I could have a small thumbnail view of each file. Can i do this on the mac as it currently comes up with the file info and Jpg info and thats about it.

I did look for some sort of thumbnail view option but could not see it!

Any help would be great!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
It should show you a little thumbnail in icon view. (The button is the box with 4 little squares in it)

L

lil

You need to go to View menu in Finder, then Show View Options (or command + j) - then select Show Icon Preview. If you do this on the desktop, it will only set this for the desktop. If you do this on a Finder window (e.g.: open Macintosh HD and then do command + j), ensure that All Windows is selected that the top in the radio button selection (bizarrely, it almost always is...) and then select Show Icon Preview again.

Vicky

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' MacBook 2.2Ghz 1Gb Ram 120Gb ,iMac G3 CRT 600 Mhz 512 Ram 60Gb Broken iBook G4, stolen Nano
Thats right Vicky rocks at this sort of thing.

R

Ripley

Similar problem; .jpg from PC but no "icon" preview

I'm a new iMac user and have been moving files from my PC (photos, docs, music, etc...). The files move across with no problem, but the .jpg files don't show an "icon" of the .jpg in the file list. I moved some files from my digital camera and they all show up in the "icon" view, but the PC files do not. All I get is the filename with a generic jpeg icon.
Any ideas? I've looked at the file properties and they are set to show as "icons." Looking in the thumbs folder I find all the files imported from the camera, but not the file copied from the camera.
I also created a new folder and moved the .jpg into the folder. Also I tried creating a new library in iPhoto, editing the photo and saving.
I'm out of ideas. Is is possible the photos from my PC will never show as icons?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
Mac's use an extra fork on the graphics to show the icons, windows doesn't.
Most Mac graphics software programs are able to add the extra fork so the icon shows up.
Free one ~ Toy Viewer
http://waltz.cs.scitec.kobe-u.ac.jp/
Best.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.