Macbook air question ( full on response please) :P

Reaction score
I really want the macbook air, but i dont know if it will last 3 years ( only going to have it for 3 years then im giving it away). I will downloadd bittorent,adobe flash, microsoft word,google chrome, vlc media player, and windows media player, and problaby like 20 games from the app store, and diablo 3, I only have like 12gigs of music and i am upgrading to lion the most I will have at any 1 point is 20 gigs of music but i usually delete them when im done, my old 5 years old sony vaio has like 160 gigs and its completely full but it is also filled with a bunch of crap i dont need, So I was wondering, would this laptop last me 3 years? or am i better getting a macbook pro. Oh and im also installing antivirus. :p (Only an indepth answer please, I cant find a real answer for my needs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You asked for an in depth response but haven't asked a specific question.......

So I was wondering, would this laptop last me 3 years?
Will it still work after 3 years? - if looked after yes.
Will you have enough storage space for 3 years? Maybe - but who knows how big your bittorrent downloads will be, or how big the 20 games you're going to get will be.
Not to mention you haven't said which model you're considering so there's no way to know what you're starting with.

Windows media player isn't available on Mac.

There are no Mac viruses so your AV install needs a rethink.

You also say you're upgrading to Lion. A new MBA will come with Lion. So does this mean you're considering a used/refurbed/second hand model. If so this will skew the answer because there's no way of telling the life it's had so far.

Don't mean to be obtuse but I don't think you're asking the right questions/supplying the right info to get the answers you desire.

OP
R
Reaction score
I will getting the base model,2012 version, and so I dont get a virus as easily i was going to be using a virus protection thingy to protect me from torrents, the games wont be big they will like iphone games .99cent gaming :p And since ive never had a mac I dont know how big the games are in the mac app store, the only big game will be diablo 3 and my bad i was going to upgrade to mountain lion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I will getting the base model,2012 version
11" screen 64gb SSD?
Space is going to be tight. 20gb music, 12gb Diablo3 (plus it's not going to perform that well) That's more than half your space gone before you add in others apps and the OS, while also leaving at least 10gb room for temp files, swap files etc.

But, I'm sorry but there's still no question there........... What concerns do you have? robustness, battery life, storage capacity, performance, build quality...... the list goes on. It's hard to advise further.

There are no viruses for Mac, at all, regardless of the source. But the easiest way to avoid any kind of nasty payloads on any platform form torrents is to avoid dodgy torrent sites in the first place!

OP
R
Reaction score
13 inch 128gigs and i was wondering if d3 would perform about the same as the macbook pro im basically worried about ram being ineficient within the next 3 year (4gigs) and that 128 wouldnt fit my needs listed above

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
From the details given you'll be ok with storage of 128gb. You can always get an external disk for backup/additional storage if your requirements change down the line.

im basically worried about ram being ineficient within the next 3 year
I'm guessing you mean insufficient. The 4gb you have there will be more than you'll need for the uses described.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.