Can you recover 'empty trash' data?

Reaction score
I just effing lost 30gigs of the wrong content- trashed and emptied!

- i made a huge error and deleted
all of my art collection.

I did this late last night, can i get the data back?

What are your thoughts guys?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
While I can't recommend any personally, there are many data recovery software packages out there. What I can say, with certainty, is that the more writes made to your disk the less likely recovery is.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Data Rescue 3 currently being sold in the Mac App store for $59.99 is your best bet. As stated by member Dysfunction, do not use your hard drive until you recover the data you accidentally deleted. Download DR 3 to another machine and then use a clone of the hard drive to boot with and run DR 3 on the internal hard drive. There's a good chance of recovering everything if you haven't already overwritten the data.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
You should also get a backup HD, someday soon your internal HD is going to die and then what. The average life I've observed from them is 4 years.
I've never had one die on me but I also upgrade my HD capacity every once in awhile so my HD usually isn't older than 2.5 years.
Something like a MyBook HD with Time Machine running would get your data back faster than any recovery software ever will.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.