Firefox issues

Reaction score
I updated Firefox earlier in the year but have had problems using it. The start page loads and i can type in the google search box and the url bar but nothing happens when I hit enter. I've tried all the suggestions I could find on the web and ended up deleting Firefox completely and installing Firefox Beta 14.0, so I have no add-ons or bookmarks and the problem has not been resolved. I am using iOS 10.6.8.

I am able to get FF to work when I launch it out of the downloaded folder, but once i moved it to the applications folder and used that version the problem started again.

OP
T
Reaction score
As a former Firefox user, and a previously avid fan of all things Mozilla, I sympathize with your plight. However, I think you'll have better luck finding answers here: Firefox Support • mozillaZine Forums

Good luck,

Z

Thanks Z for the suggestion. I just thought this was a firewall or some other settings issue on the Mac since it works from the downloaded folder but not the applications folder.

Reaction score
Thanks Z for the suggestion. I just thought this was a firewall or some other settings issue on the Mac since it works from the downloaded folder but not the applications folder.

More than likely it's an issue with the Firefox profile - which was a never-ending source of frustration for me over the years. The folks over at Mozillazine should be able to offer some constructive suggestions though.

If I may make a request: so that others on this forum who encounter the same issue may find answers, could you please post a link to the appropriate Mozillazine thread when/if your problem gets solved? Thanks.

Z

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.