emac download problem

Reaction score
Very new to Apples and purchased an Emac which seems fine, but I am having a problem loading some items when using Safari or IE.
I can open most websites but it will not open my webmail.The ISP/mail is from Sky.com and they use a version of Gmail.
My user name and password is recognised but only downloads partially so cannot access any mail.I have tried downloading
Firefox and Chrome but OS too old?
Anybody have an idea what's wrong or is it that the mac is too old to use with modern browsers etc.?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
11" MacBook Air / Unibody MacBook / iMac i3 21.5" / iPhone SE
Hi, I've had great success using TenFourFox browser http://www.floodgap.com/software/tenfourfox/ - this is a fork of Firefox which is optimised for Power PC Macs, and is kept totally up to date with current versions of Firefox.
For an eMac you will need the 7450 version.

Hope this helps,

Cheers :)

Hugh

OP
N
Reaction score
EMac download problem

Thanks for your advice . The Mac is downloading perfectly now with your recommended browser

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
11" MacBook Air / Unibody MacBook / iMac i3 21.5" / iPhone SE
Glad to hear it :)

Cheers :)

Hugh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And ditch IE. The Mac version is older than the jills and has not been supported by Microsoft for many years.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.