iTunes Splits Albums

Reaction score
Hi,

Does have anyone have any idea how I can get my albums back together?

When copying various albums over to iTunes it decides to separate the songs and I'd like to get them back together,

any suggestions,

cheers

Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Try adding the album into the album artist tag

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
iTunes is weird and broken like this. I've had this happen numerous times. Editing the album or artist will usually bring it back together, although sometimes it takes a few tries.

M

MacInWin

Each track in the album has information in it about the track. If you right click on the track, then Get Info and look at the Info tab, you'll see the album name and artist name. What I have noticed is that when companies put albums together, they sometimes have different album names/artist names on the tracks. iTunes sees them as different, so they get separated. To put them together again, you can change the Album name/Artist name to match and iTunes will put them together again. The best way is to pick the names you want to use and cut/paste them to the other tracks. That way they are EXACTLY alike, and iTunes will see it that way. I had one instance of a hanging " " at the end of one track that was infuriating until I discovered it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.