Font Problems

Reaction score
Hi! I am new here and am just searching for someone to help me! I have downloaded free fonts and installed them on my MacBook. They show up in my fonts folder and I can use them in some programs. I cannot use them in any Microsoft programs. This is a big problem! Any ideas on how I can fix this? I have other fonts that I have purchased and loaded onto my computer through a CD and they work in all programs.

PLEASE HELP!!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Unfortunately, Microsoft Office is the biggest "fuss pot" when it comes to installing fonts. Unless the font is one which meets the specs for MS Office it will be ignored. I have many fonts that I use in other OS X programs but are not recognized or used by MS Office.

Having said the above, sometimes you can "fool" MS Office into using a font by placing it manually in the MS Fonts folder. If you wish to try, here's the location:

MacIntosh HD/Library/Fonts/Microsoft/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.