Is MacBurn Really Necesary?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" macbook pro core 2 duo, 2.16ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hdd. iPod nano 8gb. iPod Photo 20gb.
When I buy my first mac, should I buy MacBurn? I mean, I know I can burn an audio cd in iTunes, my own dvd in iDvd or iMovie or whatever, but what about doing things like burning data cd's? Just with random files or what not, what will use for that sort of thing?

Is it possible to do that without MacBurn, because if it is, MacBurn seems like a waste of time.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
You can burn data cd's & DVD's straight from the finder.
You can copy cd's & DVD's using disk utility...
No need for additional software unless you want to do more advanced stuff like multisession burning or certain types of video discs.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" macbook pro core 2 duo, 2.16ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hdd. iPod nano 8gb. iPod Photo 20gb.
Thanks very much.

U

unbeknownst

not so smart

Okay im apparantly stupid. I cant seem to figure out how to burn data cds with finder I know that if I go up to File theres an option "Burn Disc" but its always grey. What do i have to do? I just want to burn a zip file. :confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
you need to create a burn folder first, drag files in, click burn

to create the burn folder, control (or right) click on your desktop...click new burn folder.

U

unbeknownst

Yeah, I actually figured that out...
Sometimes things are just too simple.
Thanks for the help though. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
You don't even need to do that.

Go into System Prefs/ CD-DVDs and tell the system to mount/open a blank CD or DVD on the desktop when inserted. Once the blank media is mounted, simply drag and drop files, right click and select BURN.

Simple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.