? regarding 4 finger swipe.

pcc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2012 15" MBP Mavericks
When I do the swipe back to see all that is open, I noticed that the dashboard stuff disappears up at the top of the screen and I cant get it back. So all I see are the safari windows that are open.

How do I get the dashboard back or how it looked when I first started the macbook up.

thanks.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It sounds like you've got it set to use App Expose and not Mission control. If that's the case, head over to System Preferences > Trackpad > More Gestures. Make sure that Mission Control is set to the gesture that you want.

OP
P

pcc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It sounds like you've got it set to use App Expose and not Mission control. If that's the case, head over to System Preferences > Trackpad > More Gestures. Make sure that Mission Control is set to the gesture that you want.

Thanks for the help, however add expose was not checked and Mission control is. When mission control comes up you don't get that big grey box in the middle of screen with the desktops across the top, just the applications that are open.

The plus symbol does not come out in the top right corner to add more desktops also.

help.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Having just the open applications appear is what App Expose is so it would seem that something is getting mixed up. Try changing the gesture for Mission Control temporarily to see if it works.

OP
P

pcc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Having just the open applications appear is what App Expose is so it would seem that something is getting mixed up. Try changing the gesture for Mission Control temporarily to see if it works.

well I don't know what happened but it is working now. Didn't do anything. It would do it using the mouse or swiping. All seems to be working now.

Thanks for the help guys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
If you accidentally swiped down, you'll get only the windows of the currently active application. Swiping up brings up the full Mission Control interface.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.