How to stop Spam through Mac Mail

Reaction score
I keep getting loads of nasty emails day after day after day from one so called company. I do not respond. How do I get Mac Mail to delete this spam when it comes from multiple email accounts. I try to put in the subject line into the rules of MacMail but that does not stop it. I am getting numerous emails from this company. First, how do I get Mac Mail to delete this spam? Second how do I get the government to jail the culprits? Thanks. I am running on Snow Leopard on a MacBook Pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
mark it as junk using the button at the top and make sure you have junk mail filtering checked in the preferences

OP
D
Reaction score
I had gone to Mail, Preferences and had marked under description the name of the so called company and clicked on Any Recipient Contains and then the offending name. Under Perform the following actions: Delete Message. This has not worked. So this time I clicked on the Junk Mail icon at the top of the rules.Will this cause all junk mail to be deleted or can I get it to just put the junk mail in the Junk folder? Sometimes the filter marks important messages as junk and I do not want them deleted. Also, one of the spamers uses the name of FACEBOOK. I do not know how to get rid of that one without wrecking notifications from Facebook. Thanks for your help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You need to filter the offending mail at your ISP's end not yours. And if they're using the name Facebook, the address URL will be different which should still allow you to filter it out. If it continues, report it to your ISP.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks so much. I spent over an hour with ATT and so far the offending spam has not reappeared. Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.