Logic Pro 9 question

Reaction score
Good day!

Before purchasing, I was wondering if anyone is familiar with Logic Pro. I am having real difficulties to find a tablature for a latin song. I was thinking that if Logic Pro can record the person playing the song then it with automatically write the music or tabs.

Does anyone know if it can do it?

Thank you!!

-Wrong forum subject I suppose

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac (Mid 2011), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB Video Card, 2TB HDD
Good day!

Before purchasing, I was wondering if anyone is familiar with Logic Pro. I am having real difficulties to find a tablature for a latin song. I was thinking that if Logic Pro can record the person playing the song then it with automatically write the music or tabs.

Does anyone know if it can do it?

Thank you!!

-Wrong forum subject I suppose

Hi there,

It doesn't do it automatically and it has to be MIDI data being recorded through a keyboard, not audio. When you record a MIDI performance, it will create the notes on the score editor (make sure and quantize the performance first in the piano roll editor so the sheet music will be accurate) then you will have to convert it to tablature and manually add any chord charts and lyrics yourself. Personally, I love Logic Pro 9 but the score editor isn't one of its stronger points. If it's tablature or standard notation you're wanting to get into, Finale and Sibelius run circles around Logic's score editor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac (Mid 2011), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB Video Card, 2TB HDD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.