Logic Express 9 Keeps Tweaking My Songs!

Reaction score
Hello!
I'm freaking out just a bit because of Logic randomly changing my projects! A few times I would open up a project after working on a different one for a while, and I get this attached message "One or more audio files changed in length, as a result, 84 others changed in length or content."
I have no idea why this is happening but so far it has happened to 2 projects, and the weird thing is that these projects have randomly placed tracks used in my most recent project. Many of the original songs tracks have been deleted, and tracks from this new project are all over! This has happened to two different projects, but both times the tracks are from the new song.
I cant put my finger on the problem. Maybe logic is just tweaking, I do have 40 projects on my mac and most have a bunch of tracks.
Please help! I am very close to finishing a self produced album that I've worked very hard on and I dont want everything to get screwed up.

Thank you so much in advance!!!

Screen shot 2012-07-07 at 6.50.20 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac (Mid 2011), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB Video Card, 2TB HDD
I think what's happening is that you somehow recorded a new session in the same folder as the old one using the same file names.

I.E. you complete the 1st project and all of the project files are under a folder titled "song 1" with the recordings being titled "record take 1" etc. Then you start a new project but never update the project folder so it's still recording stuff into "song 1". If it records another track titled "record take 1", it will write over the old file. When you open the old project, all of the affected files will be playing audio that you recorded in the newer project when it overwrote it.

If that is what's happening, then unfortunately, the old files are gone forever unless you want to do a time machine restore. That might be more trouble than it's worth though. Might be faster to just re-record all of the affected tracks.

Just make sure to set aside a new folder for any new projects to avoid this happening. File organization is very important for audio recording.

OP
T
Reaction score
Hmm well Im not sure if thatd be the problem, because I always title my songs right when I create them. But I started putting projects on my desktop(without the folder) so maybe that could be what happened??
Anyways, Im definitely going to back them up.
I actually have a WD harddrive, can I just drag the folders to that or do I need to change file formats or anything? Unfortunately I'm not gifted with tech-savvyness so I have no idea about file types. I just remember once I put pictures on there and later I wasnt able to open them because they were not supported file types.

Thank you so much for your time answering my questions Adric. Much appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac (Mid 2011), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB Video Card, 2TB HDD
My pleasure.

Putting files on the desktop without folders might have been what did it. The way I organize things is I made a folder in documents titled "Logic Projects" and within that folder I have a number of sub-folders that I made each time I started a new session. Within those folders I have the Logic file itself and all of the audio/MIDI takes and bounces for that project. That system has never failed me!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.