Free up space:

Reaction score
I tried uploading pics and got a msg saying not enough space (volume ) in iphoto... I noticed I have 15,000 pics in iphoto. Please help

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I tried uploading pics and got a msg saying not enough space (volume ) in iphoto... I noticed I have 15,000 pics in iphoto. Please help

What sort of help are you looking for? If your hard drive is full...you need to either delete some files to make space...or move some files to some sort of external storage (external hard drive, USB thumb drive, burn files to CD/DVD, etc.).

You need to decide what to do (save files and/or delete unneeded files)...and what form of external storage to use (depends on your budget).

- Nick

OP
C
Reaction score
space

Hi Nick,
Thank you for responding. The type of help I need is to try and figure out how to free up some space. I'm not to savvy with this Macbook Pro. I also don't know how to find out how much space is already used. You mentioned an external hard drive, which one would you recommend mostly for picture storage?
Thank you so much,
Cary

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
How do I delete files?

Move the desired files to be deleted to the trash...then "empty" the trash.

Also, how can I see which pictures are double?

I believe this would only be possible...if two or more photos had/have the exact same file name. With 15,000 photos...you've got a heck of a BIG job ahead!

- Nick

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
There is an APP which I think is named iPhoto Duplicate Finder (or something like that - it has been a while). I'll see if I can find a link and I'll post it here.

EDIT: If you are running OS X 10.6.6 or higher (Snow Leopard) or OS X 10.7 (Lion) the Mac APP Store has several Apps for finding duplicates. You might give them a try. IPhoto Duplicate Annihilator is anther option. It has mixed reviews but has a free trial version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 Mac Mini OS 10.12.6 Sierra, 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display
The dupeguru_pe worked for me. I only had a couple of duplicatee music files...so I took care of them myself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.