voiceover

Reaction score
I just got my new MacBook Pro today. In the initial set up I was introduced to what they call Voice over. It was supposed to make my setup easier but now I can't make it stop. I feel like I have explored just about everything to find a way to disable it and can't. I did find the VoiceOver in the icon with the rocket on it. This is my first mac so I don't know what that rocket is called and I couldn't read it because THAT BIG BLACK VOICEOVER BOX WAS SITTING RIGHT OVER TOP OF IT. The iphone was so intuitive and immediately user friendly. I kinda expected a similar experience with the macbook. So far.....not so much. If anyone can help I would be very appreciative. I'm sure others have had this issue so hopefully the solution is already known.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Try pressing the Command, fn(function), and F5 keys simultaneously. You should then hear the voice say Voiceover off.

You can also get to this function by going to System Preferences in the Dock (looks just like the Settings icon on iPhone) open the Universal Access pane, and click the "Seeing" tab.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.