Problem*w*keyboard*letter

Reaction score
I*˙ave*a*problem*wit˙*a*letter*on*my*keyboard.*T˙e*one*before*i*in*t˙e*alp˙abet.*lower*is*˙*and*upper*is*Ó.*

Can*anyone*˙elp?

T˙anks.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
Have you checked system preferences to ensure there are no random user shortcuts enabled? I believe it's under either "universal access" or "keyboard" (I'm not at the Mac and can't remember off the top of my head.)

Also, I'm assuming it's the H key. Can you confirm this by beginning your reply with simple "Y" or "N", just for clarity?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
actually it looks like the space key, h and possibly others..

I your OS is Snow leopard (10.6) then look under keyboard in system preferences.. make sure that your keyboard is recognized correctly and maybe for a short time check the box that says "keyboard & character viewer" at the bottom of the 'keyboard' preference pane. Then click on the 'Keyboard Shortcuts' preference pane and maybe the best thing to do is to click on 'restore defaults'

good luck

OP
S
Reaction score
Thank You!

I had called Apple and they told me that the symbol I was getting was the one you get when you hold down the option key and press H. He then told me to take my computer to be repaired!
Instead I followed your advice and through that found the option tab and turned it off and problem solved! Yey! Thank you so much!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.