Auto Import for iphoto

Reaction score
Hello all,

iPhoto used to ask me whether I want to import images to library when I insert the SD card the my iMac and gives me the option to delete the imported images from the SD card.
Somehow iphoto don't ask me anymore. Anyone knows how to re-instate this function?

Thanks.

C

chas_m

Have you by any chance changed the preferences in either iPhoto or Image Capture?

OP
S
Reaction score
I am not aware of changing any parameters. However I can't find anything from iPhoto or Image Capture to change the setting? or maybe you can direct me to the correct area please.

OP
S
Reaction score
ok when I insert the SD card, it now opens the iPhoto and I have the option to import photos. However it used to ask me whether I want to delete the import but not anymore, why is that?
appreciate any help and happy 4th July.

C

chas_m

It won't ask you about deleting anything until AFTER the selected (or all) photos are safely imported into iPhoto. Then it will ask you if you want to delete the pictures off the CARD, not the "import."

Reaction score
I'm sorry for coming into another discussion, but you helped me with getting a photo into IPhoto from Preview this morning and now I can't find that thread again. It did work, thank you very much. Now I need to get the photos into alphabetical order for the slideshow but I don't know how to rearrange them. I thought I had just dragged them to reposition before but that isn't working. The reason I came in on here is because when I tried to reply to your other post, mine came back saying it was permanently refused. I can't do one thing right without something else going wrong. What is my problem?!!

C

chas_m

Rather than hijack a different thread, just send me a private message or start a new thread to get others to contribute as well. I don't know about the "permanently refused" message, never seen that on this forum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.