trash

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive
Trash or recycle bin?

yah, everytime i drap and drop something into the trash my memory on my HD is the same. Yah i know that normal. But here's the weird part, everytime i empty the trash, my memory goes down. Like i thought emptying the trash was supposed to empty the crap. but i just keep losing space. por que? thanx in advance.

OP
EYPUFF
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive
im using the newest one out. panther.

H

ho7pes6fall1

poss

im not sure about this but i do know that panther as of now is very sketchy...lots of things need to be tweaked with....so i that might be the problem

D

danparker

go ahead and delete a large file (preferably not important) and reboot your machine. If the HD capacity is still sinking down then you have an issue with 1: your HD or 2: The machine is not rewriting information into the newly available blocks of space. If the reboot doesn't show that it is returning to normal then I would suggest backing everything up and reinstalling. If it is showing that the space is being recovered then it is a setting that is showing you the taken HD space rather than the availble HD space and if the reinstall doesn't work then I would return the product back to Apple for HD failure.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.