Kernel panic message

Reaction score
Help! I can't get past the kernel panic message. What do I do?! Worried about my data, especially my photos.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Let's try booting the machine in safe mode: Reboot and hold down the shift key as soon as you hear the chime (bong). Does it boot to safe mode?

Also, give us some info about your machine - year and model. Which version of OS X are you running?

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks for all your help. I'll try that. The problem, makes it even harder for me, my husband has my laptop in Japan right now so I'm trying to communicate with him to try all of these things.

I was able to pull up my e-receipt and this is what I found:
MacBook￿Pro￿13.3/2.4/2X2GB/250/SD

I bought it in July 2010 and I still have apple care up until July 2013.

Please excuse me, I'm pretty good with using macs and computers...however, only when they work...lol...I really have very little understanding of everything else.

I've been trying to read various articles, etc.

I know that the message appears as soon as you start it up and restarting while holding x has not worked so far. He hasn't been able to get past this screen so far :(

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If your husband is in Japan with the MacBook and you still have Apple Care until 2013, tell him to take it to an Apple Store there. You didn't say where in Japan but there are stores in the Tokyo area and I'm sure in other large cities.

Just about everyone in Japan speaks English so he shouldn't have any difficulty with language.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.