mac book pro

Reaction score
Hi i currently have the fist edition of the mac book pro , i love the thing. One day i went to turn it on and out of nowhere a checkered screen shows up will all diff shades of squares and squiggly lines all over it.It will no longer boot..Surprisingly if i plug it into my monitor it turns on and workms no prob but only for undisclosed lengths of time. Then bback to the checkers. I have so much vidoe software on there i cant let it go. I later found out that model had a vidoe card recall but ik missed the cut off date..Can anyone help with the diagnosis and possible reapair of this mac. I cnt bring myself to let it go i just love it to death. Pkease help me

C

chas_m

Take it to an Applecare facility and let them repair it. There is nothing you can do about it other than that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro: 2.3Ghz i5 Processer, 8GB RAM, OCZ Agility 3 240GB SSD
Have you tried to boot up in safe mode? I am not sure how to but I think you can do it in OS X. Try to google how to boot in safe mode and try it. Then you can back up your hard drive to an external drive and then you will have all your files and software!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.