thin osx book

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
I am thinking of buying a mac for my sisters boyfriend. (they have been together for like 15 years) anyway they dont know anything about mac. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good book i can give them for them to learn the basics but without being like 500 pages long. if the book is to big i know they wont bother. but if its small im hoping they will read it.

the missing manual is to big btw.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I am thinking of buying a mac for my sisters boyfriend. (they have been together for like 15 years) anyway they dont know anything about mac.

Is your sisters boyfriend interested in owning a Mac?

- Nick

OP
safarisurfer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
he doesnt know much about it really. they have alot of problem with virus and malware and stuff on their computer. so im thinking it would be good for them.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
he doesnt know much about it really. they have alot of problem with virus and malware and stuff on their computer. so im thinking it would be good for them.

If he doesn't know much about Mac's (he may even be a "Mac-Hater")...he may have no interest in Mac's (even with the virus & malware issues).

So a good first step would be to "casually" ask him what he thinks of Mac's. I say "casually" just in case if you bought him a Mac...that you wanted it to be a surprise!:)

If he shows no interest in Mac's...then it could be pointless spending a lot of $$$ getting him a Mac.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.