New to Mac Pro!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 12 Core, 24GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 1TB HD, Dual 27" Apple LED Cinema Display
Hey All

Getting my new Mac Pro on Friday (Hopefully sooner) just wondering if anyone can give me a rundown of what programs on Mac are equal to on PC.

IE
Outlook = Mail
Windows Media Player = ITunes?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hey All

Getting my new Mac Pro on Friday (Hopefully sooner) just wondering if anyone can give me a rundown of what programs on Mac are equal to on PC.

IE
Outlook = Mail
Windows Media Player = ITunes?

It may be easier if you told us what programs you are used to using on your Windows computer...and then we can suggest the closest Mac program there is (if an equivalent or semi-equivalent exists).

- Nick

C

chas_m

Yes, it would save a lot of time if you just told us what you were looking for. There are thousands (hundreds of thousands) of apps for Windows and Mac. Listing the functional equivalent of them all would take a lifetime.

Here's a list that may help, however:

PC to Mac, programs to apps - Ask Geneva (about Mac)

The list is out of date on some points but it's a good general guide. There's also Switch 101 you may want to check out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.