Scanned document to email

Reaction score
I have a MacPro (Snow Leopard). How do I place a scanned document in an email so the recipient can open to see the document?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac i5 2.9 Ghz, 15" MBPro i7 2.0 Ghz, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, ATV2, ATV3, iPad2, iPad Mini
There are a number of ways:

When you are finished composing your email there is a "Paper Clip" on the Top Right.
Touch that and Mail will ask you for the location of your attachment.

Option Click or Right Click the document and the option to create a new email with attachment will be given to you. Select this option and you will be taken to the Mail program and it will open a new email with your document already in it.

Have Fun
DavidH

C

chas_m

I think the OP is asking for a way to be sure that the recipient can READ it, not how to send it.

Probably the safest option is to make the scanned file into a JPG or PDF. Both of these should be options from your scanning program. The JPG will be a smaller file size but may not be as readable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Hi OP,

I have found that as chas_m said that the PDF option gives by far the best results, it quick and easy.;D Especially if the recipient is picking up the email on there iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac i5 2.9 Ghz, 15" MBPro i7 2.0 Ghz, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, ATV2, ATV3, iPad2, iPad Mini
Sorry

I think the OP is asking for a way to be sure that the recipient can READ it, not how to send it.

Probably the safest option is to make the scanned file into a JPG or PDF. Both of these should be options from your scanning program. The JPG will be a smaller file size but may not be as readable.

Sorry I misread your question.
Chas_M is correct.

DavidH

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.