Iomega Home Media Server

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just picked one of these up and I am struggling to get it set up.

How do I go about getting all my items from my iTunes library over to the server?

Cheers,

Andy

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
According to their advertisements (web site) they include instructions and a software disk. What problems are you having?

I'm assuming you can just move your iTunes library to the unit and it will be available to all your devices. Over-simplification maybe?

OP
A
Reaction score
Hi,

Firstly I want to move all my iTunes stuff onto it, but it doesn't say how to do this, it has its own media folders such as music/movies etc but do I have to split everything myself?? The instructions that come with it tell you to plug it in, thats it.

The next confusing thing is that it wants to run Twonky Server? I have no idea what this is but if I have to run this as well as the Iomega stuff I just wont bother!

Then on top of that it wants me to set up the cloud as well. All this is too much set up at the moment and I'm wondering if I am just getting lots of programs to do the one thing that this magic box says it can do.

I'm sure if its services are running through programs I could have just used my own hard drive and got the programs anyway!

Not happy with it at the moment..

Andy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.