• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Autoforward from hotmail to .mac

D

daveh

Hi all,

I have just purchased .mac which has therefore given me a new '[email protected]' email address.

What I would love to do is forward all my mail from my hotmail account to my .mac account automatically, so I don't miss anything whilst I am moving across to the new address.

After quite a lot of surfing, this seems to be impossible, even if you pay to upgrade to the 'premium' hotmail service.

Any ideas? Help very much appreciated.

Cheers, Dave.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
If you go to your .mac account, under email preferences you can set .mac to automatically pick up other pop accounts.

Assuming hotmail supports this, you could just set it up so that new messages are automatically picked up by .mac and you can get them that way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
daveh said:
Thanks. That takes care of the mac mail end of things.

Unfortunately, it appears that hotmail requires a paid account to access my mail in this way.

Guess I'll just have to check on it manually for a few months until all my mail is finding its way to my .mac account.

Thanks.

Yeah it used to be free until recently except for those of us lucky enough to have one from way back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.