New Mac User: iMac 27" 2011

Reaction score
Hello everybody. I am a new Mac user as of two days ago. Normally I am a MS Windows user and have been ever since I can remember. I just wanted to try Mac as my main computer due to having the ipad and the iphone, both of which are fantastic.

I have purchased a seller refurbished 27" iMac from eBay, released May 2011. It is the Intel i5 quad 3.1 GHz version with 1GB graphics and 4GB RAM. I will be upgrading the RAM with 16GB of crucial-verified memory asap.

I am enjoying the experience so far. Just on a 30 day trial of MS Office 2011 for Mac. I work at a college so I need MS office compatibility. Shame MS Access database does not come with it.

I thought I'd join the mac forums to see what everybody else is doing and if anybody can offer me any suggestions on my Mac journey. I am looking to running Windows on the Mac for windows-specific software. Not sure if I should boot camp it or virtualise it yet (a post for another time).

So, hey, this is me.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

Read our Sticky Posts at the top of this forum and also my reply to you in the "Running Windows......." forum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.