IMac's Wireless Keypad malfunction

Reaction score
I own a I-Mac for the past 2 years. It came with a wireless keypad and a magic mouse both of which connect thru bluetooth to the main device. Suddenly for the last few days five alphabet keys on the bottommost row have gone dead. Googled for more info and did eveything that was instructed but to no avail. Woiuld b e grateful if anyone has solution to this problem !

OP
A
Reaction score
Yup. HAd tried as per what has been instructed in this link but no joy. Havent run disk utility though..... Is this a separate software and will it resolve the problem ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Yup. HAd tried as per what has been instructed in this link but no joy. Havent run disk utility though..... Is this a separate software and will it resolve the problem ?

No it's in the Utilities Folder in Applications.

Launch it, choose the First Aid tab and then highlight your hard drive listed in the left hand pane (named Macintosh HD or similar)

Click on the 'Repair Disk Permissions' button at the bottom and let it run it's course.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There is no FIRST AID tab in Utilities !! Is it an application to be downloaded sepsrately ?

No that's because it is a tab within the Disk Utility application itself.

The application is called Disk Utility and should be in Applications>Utilities>Disk Utility

It looks like this...if you've had your machine for 2 years and never repaired disk permissions then you may reap some overall benefits!

Screen Shot 2012-06-22 at 12.37.43.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Shut down, disconnect, re-connect, boot up.

OP
A
Reaction score
No Joy even post that . Guess i'll have to uy a new keyboard. Heard that the one with a wire connetor is hassle free...... that's true even for the mouse i guess :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hey what are the benefits you mentioned on running repaired disk permissions !

About Disk Utility's Repair Disk Permissions feature

Some say that you should run it before any OS X update, and after the installation of any third party software that employs it's own installer. I use it periodically as a maintenance tool and if anything is not quite working correctly.

BTW did you check this out ? http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-operating-system/93819-basic-os-x-mac-troubleshooting.html

It's likely a fault with the keyboard but you never know. Personally I like the wireless kit.

OP
A
Reaction score
Hmm..... guess something's wrong with the keypad itself. Took it to Apple service centre but they asked me to buy a new one ..... no solutions i guess.

OP
A
Reaction score
popped it and cleaned it ..... dead still..... and nolw i'm finding it difficult to place it back.....ha ha .... anyways thanx a ton for all the guidance. Shall go for a new one now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Absolutely no problem :)

C

chas_m

GENERALLY speaking, the main cause of keyboards suddenly becoming partially non-functional involves liquid spills. Not saying this happened in this case but it might be worth thinking back to see if that is a possibility.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.