New mac user

Reaction score
My new Imac is coming in a few days. Where can I go to read up on the learning curve of coming from a pc?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There are four Sticky Posts at the top of this forum. Read through all of them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" I7 first one and loving it.
Welcome just give your self some time. Google is your friend. I got my first mac little less than two years ago. I love it and would never go back. Enjoy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15, 2.2ghz, 4G ram 10.9
Once you get your iMac you can download things like SCOtutor for Mac to give you some ideas on how to use different parts of your system. From someone who was a total PC user up until about 3 weeks ago, the learning curve is not steep at all. The stickies at the top of the forum will give you some good guidance and you can always post up questions on here and they are answered pretty quick.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy my mbp.

Reaction score
Have fun with your new MAC I still don't enjoy my mac. Using a PC right now to type this.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Don't see them at the top???

Not "Sticky Notes". "Sticky Posts". Look at the beginning of this forum and read the four that are shown at the top. You can't miss them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Hi,

Top of the page with a blue pin
Original by Jagsfish
Don't see them at the top???

Stickys.jpg

OP
Jagsfish
Reaction score
Sticky Posts

There are four Sticky Posts at the top of this forum. Read through all of them.

There is a wealth of information that will make the transition so much easier. I recommend anyone new to mac read these.
Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz i7 16GB RAM 250G SSD OS X Mountain Lion, iMac mid 2011, iPhone 3G
Have fun with your new MAC I still don't enjoy my mac. Using a PC right now to type this.

Have fun on your PC. I put it to incinerator when I wrote this using my MAC.

@Joey47 is a complete troll. All his post are about complain about Mac. I really doubt if he really has a Mac in the first place.
If you can't afford to buy a Mac, don't sign-in in this forum and just troll.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I Mac 27-inch 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 24GB ram. MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.5GHz dual-core Intel i5 16GB ram
Like you I am new to Mac. I found Tutor for lion from the app store very helpful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.