NEED HELP! Can't upload photos (or anything!) from my Macbook Pro

Reaction score
I have read so many threads about this but no one has an answer, please help me, I need to upload photos!

For some reason whenever I go to upload my photos (or any documents) to ANY site using Safari or Firefox (so I assume it's a computer problem rather than a browser problem) all my files are greyed out and I cannot change them.

I have gone into the settings for my documents and I am listed as the owner and have read and write access but it doesn't change anything.

Please help :(

I have a Macbook Pro 15 inch and am new to the Mac world.

Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You stated you can't upload anything to any site. How about giving us an example of which site you're trying to upload to? Include the URL.

It's not Safari or Firefox that are setting the parameters for the upload. That's why we need an example in order to test the site.

For example: I routinely upload photos to Walgreens to have them printed since it's less expensive than using my photo printer at home or at the office. The receiving server at Walgreens opens a "door" for me upon which my browser (Chrome) responds and begins to send. (an over simplification of the process)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.