wireless or bluetooth mouse

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple MacBook Air MD223LL/A 11.6-Inch Laptop
I will be new to a mac, as soon as my Macbook air 11 is delivered this Friday. I want to purchase a mouse, and I was wondering if windows mice work well with Macs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac (Mid 2011), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB Video Card, 2TB HDD
They generally work just as well for Macs as they do on Windows machines.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Yes they do, bluetooth is better than ifra red

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz i7 16GB RAM 250G SSD OS X Mountain Lion, iMac mid 2011, iPhone 3G
I will be new to a mac, as soon as my Macbook air 11 is delivered this Friday. I want to purchase a mouse, and I was wondering if windows mice work well with Macs.

Get the MAGIC MOUSE (that's bluetooth) or you will regret for the rest of your life;D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Get the MAGIC MOUSE (that's bluetooth) or you will regret for the rest of your life;D

That's your opinion. Both the Magic Mouse and its predecessor the Mighty Mouse are sitting in my junk closet where they will stay. I much prefer a cheap wired Logitech that you can buy for around $15.00.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz i7 16GB RAM 250G SSD OS X Mountain Lion, iMac mid 2011, iPhone 3G
That's your opinion. Both the Magic Mouse and its predecessor the Mighty Mouse are sitting in my junk closet where they will stay. I much prefer a cheap wired Logitech that you can buy for around $15.00.

You have MAGIC MOUSE worth $74 and I presumed you have Logitech worth $15. That's $89 in total. :Oops:

I have MAGIC MOUSE worth $74 and that's it. That's more practical I suppose.:D

C

chas_m

I really enjoy my Magic Mouse. I much prefer it to other mouses I have used (including Logitech). But that's not to say that Logitech mice are junk, they're great value for money.

Takes all types to make a world and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I really enjoy my Magic Mouse. I much prefer it to other mouses I have used (including Logitech). But that's not to say that Logitech mice are junk, they're great value for money.

Takes all types to make a world and I wouldn't have it any other way.

What's really the advantage of Logitech mouse aside from the price?

Lanz

C

chas_m

What's really the advantage of Logitech mouse aside from the price?

You avoid having to learn how to use the Magic Mouse. :)

Some people are just naturally suspicious of a mouse that looks like it only has one button.

Some people really can't stand the arduous chore of changing batteries every six weeks or so.

There's also some situations (like CAD design, certain kinds of gaming) where a two-button mouse (of any variety) is inadequate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Some people are just naturally suspicious of a mouse that looks like it only has one button.

Some people really can't stand the arduous chore of changing batteries every six weeks or so.

There's also some situations (like CAD design, certain kinds of gaming) where a two-button mouse (of any variety) is inadequate.

hahaha. Thanks. So, It's just psychological after all aside from changing batteries;D
I just hate wires on a mouse or keyboard :Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 imac, 2011 13" mbp, Ipad mini, Ipad air
hahaha. Thanks. So, It's just psychological after all aside from changing batteries;D
I just hate wires on a mouse or keyboard :Grimmace:

It just boils down to personal preference. I like the magic mouse on my imac but the more I use the trackpad on the laptop the more tempted I am to add one for the desktop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It just boils down to personal preference. I like the magic mouse on my imac but the more I use the trackpad on the laptop the more tempted I am to add one for the desktop.

Me too. I'd like to make myself get used to trackpad 'coz once you did you'll enjoy it;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac (Mid 2011), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB Video Card, 2TB HDD

6 weeks? Man I'm changing mine out every 2-3 weeks. I must've bought a bad set of rechargables.

That stupid bunny lied to me! Lol

OP
rsam
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple MacBook Air MD223LL/A 11.6-Inch Laptop
Thanks for your suggestions on which mouse to buy

Thank you everyone for your suggestions on which mouse to get for my macbook air. I will do some research on prices, etc., and make a decision. My macbook air is due tomorrow, but I have a feeling it will come today.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
6 weeks? Man I'm changing mine out every 2-3 weeks. I must've bought a bad set of rechargables.

That stupid bunny lied to me! Lol

That's ridiculous. Mine, I leave it always ON all the time and it reaches 2months. Not kidding, it's 2mo. Something is wrong with your batteries.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.