Wireless problems!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.1
Ok I bought a DLink 524 on ebay and it came today. (However I think that it has come without the aerial.)

I've been trying to set it up for a while now and nothing is going right. I can get my PowerBook to connect to the internet when I plug it in through the LAN but this isn't what I want to do. I want my PowerBook to connect wirelessly (I don’t think that the lack of aerial is the problem as its only like a foot away)

My problem is that my PowerBook isn’t even picking up the wireless network. When I run the wizard its asking me for Mac addresses, Host names, Hex Keys, SSID, Channel numbers, my internet connection type.....I DONT KNOW WHAT ANY OF THESE ARE!!

I just want to connect to the Internet wirelessly on my PowerBook. Can someone please talk me through how it set it up.

Oh and I'm in my room at Uni so I have no idea about anything behind the Internet plug in my room....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
RTFM

dlink.com

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.