What is the app (or apps) that you could not live without?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz, 2GB, 160GB Momentus; iMac 24" 3.06GHz, 2GB; iPhone 2.5G 8GB; iPod 5G 60GB
In my Handy Apps folder, which is shortcut from the Desktop, are Airfoil, Chicken of the VNC, and Retrospect. On the Dock are Safari, Mail, Photoshop, iTunes, iView Media (photo organisation), Freemind (mind mapping), BluePhoneElite, Fire (chat client) and NewsTicker.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
Quicksilver, the closest thing to a "run" command avaliable

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I second Quicksilver!

J

jn4jenny

Aptmunich said:
I second Quicksilver!

I admit it, I hate Quicksilver. I use LaunchBar instead. It's just a personal thing, and I can see why lots of people like Quicksilver better.

Other can't-live-without apps:

1. PseudoAnacron - runs Apple scripts when I leave my Mac on sleep and the scripts don't get run on time like they're supposed to
2. Applejack - fixes all sorts of awful things and you can run it even if you can't boot OS X
3. Speed Freak - changes the OS settings so that the processor focuses more power on the application you're currently focusing on, instead of spreading the processor equally across applications
4. jbidwatcher - has sniped me so many Ebay auctions I can't even quantify the amount of money it's saved me. This is the only open source app I've ever been so grateful for that I donated to the author.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
isn't there already like 10 billion threads for this? search around before posting! that said, my favorite piece of software is either adium, or any of the mozilla thunderbird/firefox

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I will be different. I have tried Quicksilver and other Launch bar programs. I went with HimmelBar. I really like that. Quicksilver is a great app though. Maybe it's the years of (GASP) Windows usage that makes me like HimmelBar, but I really like it.

Other apps I think are great are Adium for multi Chat, Colloquy for IRC chat (Very nice interface and very OSX like). There are others but those stand out for me.

Forgot one, Weatherman X. I really like that for weather in my area.

OP
M
Reaction score
macAttack said:
isn't there already like 10 billion threads for this? search around before posting! that said, my favorite piece of software is either adium, or any of the mozilla thunderbird/firefox

YES SIR!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.