MacBook safety

Reaction score
I will be getting the MacBook pro 15 inch. I will have it in the the thule Sleeve. (Thule 15" Sleeve for MacBook or MacBook Pro - Apple Store (U.S.)) that is the link. I will put that in either the north face loafer backpack or the dakine interval or Thule cross over. Which is the best backpack for school and still looks good. If you have any other backpacks that have a computer slot to keep safe and look good please tell me. But with the Thule case in one of those bags will the MacBook pro be safe? Also if it rains since. Well be outside walking to classes a lot int eh rain will and water get to the MacBook pro? Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
From what i can see is that case is weather resistant NOT weather proof so yes there is a great chance that the MBP will get wet if there is enough rain.
The best and probably the best out there atm is cases from Pelican Laptop Cases | Hard Laptop Cases | Waterproof Laptop Cases.

Depends on how much you want to spend. As for carrying it around, i bought a tatonka day pay many years ago before i had a Notebook. I use a neoprene case and with my Tatonka which is water proof i havnt had my MBP damaged, wet or have anything unwelcome happen to it.

So in summary, if you get the Thule case, make sure you get a decent backpack/bag that is close to water proof as you can afford and you should be safe as Larry..

Hope this helps some as i know how anxious you can get thinking your $1000+ investment could get damaged.

Cheers

OP
A
Reaction score
I am looking Into the pelican case. Should I get the 1095 or 1085. I have the retina MacBook pro 15. The site says the 1095 fits it but i have read the 1085 does and it is smaller ad more portable and the what i would like. I need it to fit in a mid sized backpack. Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
You need to go to the specification page of said cases and look at the external dimensions and make sure that will fit inside your carry bag. Carry bags also tell you there internal dimensions so you just need to make sure you get the right case.
The 1090cc fits a 15.4" Notebook with Ext Dimensions of External Dimensions: 15.83" L x 13.10" W x 2.86" D
I couldn't see a 1085 0r 1095 but a 1080 and the Ext dins ions of that show it will Prob only fit a 13" MBP not the 15", so yea just make sure the Ext dimensions will fit the carry bag you have or decide to get.

Can you show a link to the 1085 ??

HTH more

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would hold out on buying that one matey as it is designed for 14" Notebooks and not 15". The 1095 would be the one to get as long as the INTERIOR dimensions are 15"+
You need to read the Specs a lot better as it could of cost a pretty bundle, not knowing there return/swap policy.

Let us know how you get on and which one you will get.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.