Mouse Over

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
I frequent an aviation photography website. In order to see the photo's description and other pertinent information I must click the photo which then opens a new page.

What I would like to be able to do is hover the mouse pointer over the photo and have the info displayed in a separate box without clicking the photo.

I'm able to do this on my Windows 7 computer.

How can I configure this on my iMac? Thanks.

C

chas_m

It would help if you'd share the name and URL of the website so that we can test this for you ...

(also helpful: what browser are you using on Windows 7? What kind of iMac do you have?)

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac (Mid 2011), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB Video Card, 2TB HDD
It seems to be giving descriptions in the little yellow popup box when I hover the cursor over a photo in both Safari and Firefox on my machine. Are you not seeing it or is that not what you're talking about?

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
It seems to be giving descriptions in the little yellow popup box when I hover the cursor over a photo in both Safari and Firefox on my machine. Are you not seeing it or is that not what you're talking about?
Sounds exactly what I'm looking to do assuming you are referring to the "thumbs" view. (Page with anywhere from 15 to 120 thumbs per page.)

It does it automatically with my Windows 7 laptop from the day I purchased the machine about 8-9 months ago. I remember having to manually configure the mouse in Windows XP in my older computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I did some digging around and with all the extensions out there i came up with this.
Safari i couldn't find one as yet (will do more digging)
Firefox i loaded the extension but really didn't do anything.
Chrome i loaded a extension and got this.

20120618-8q4n7ihxe9qg1dciu6wj5rwhtu.jpg

Now to get this it wasn't a matter of just hovering over. I had to go to the cntexual menu (right click the image) then to image properties . . . . Does that work for you ??

In Safari i got the info box but as soon as i switched to thumbnail page there was nothing..... Ill dig deeper into Safari Extension for you...

Cheers

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
I did some digging around and with all the extensions out there i came up with this.
Safari i couldn't find one as yet (will do more digging)
Firefox i loaded the extension but really didn't do anything.
Chrome i loaded a extension and got this.

20120618-8q4n7ihxe9qg1dciu6wj5rwhtu.jpg

Now to get this it wasn't a matter of just hovering over. I had to go to the cntexual menu (right click the image) then to image properties . . . . Does that work for you ??

In Safari i got the info box but as soon as i switched to thumbnail page there was nothing..... Ill dig deeper into Safari Extension for you...

Cheers
Thanks. I've never been able to get the pop up lke you have shown.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
As in the post, its in Google Chrome. Download it here, then goto there Extensions page and look for Image Properties Context Menu 0.7.5. Install that then when over the image right click and in the contextual menu it will be down the bottom. Click that and there it is. I havnt been able to find a extension that will do as you ask by just hovering over it. Sorry

Cheerss

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.