• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Soundtrack Pro copyrighted?

Reaction score
I put an educational video on YouTube with music used from the software Soundtrack Pro. YouTube has put a block on it saying that it is copyright infringement. I want to dispute this. I bought the software, doesn't that mean I can use the music from it on videos I put on YouTube? I am not selling anything and I bought their software for the music. Thanks.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Did you use their content to create some new music or did you simply use their content? Perhaps this is what Google is looking at
. . . to create your own original soundtracks for your film, video and audio projects.
(emphasis mine)

OP
R
Reaction score
OP
R
Reaction score
Did you use their content to create some new music or did you simply use their content? Perhaps this is what Google is looking at (emphasis mine)

I used music from the Soundtrack Pro software that I bought.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I used music from the Soundtrack Pro software that I bought.

Yes but what I am wondering is was that music used entirely "as is" or were parts combined to create a new original soundtrack? Not being fluent in legalese I am not sure that's an issue it's just the first thing that occurred to me.

OP
R
Reaction score
Yes but what I am wondering is was that music used entirely "as is" or were parts combined to create a new original soundtrack? Not being fluent in legalese I am not sure that's an issue it's just the first thing that occurred to me.

Used as is.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Perhaps they are thinking that using the files "as is' doesn't qualify as "your own original soundtracks". Not being fluent in legalese I am not sure whether it does or not. Hopefully they will provide some more specific information.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.