Sending Powerpoint to a PC user - problem

T

teamguy

I sent a powerpoint presentation to a PC user and several pictures within the presentation were different when my co-worker opened it.

The default format for the pictures appears to be "PNG" (portable network graphic). He could see the pictures, but again, they were distorted. In one case, the axis label from the left side of a graph somehow disappeared, and in other instance, an entire picture was missing but some objects that I had laid on top of the picture were still present.

I tested this myself by sending the file to a PC I own and verified the above.

I tried saving this pictures in a GIF format and "re-inserting" them into the slide, but the quality was degraded from the original format.

Has anyone seen this before? How can you prevent this degradation of the pictures? I am getting ready to purchase a Powerbook for business use (I created this PPT on my personal mac) but will have trouble making my case to do so if the files I'm creating aren't completely readable by my co-workers. Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
teamguy said:
I tested this myself by sending the file to a PC I own and verified the above.

Has anyone seen this before? How can you prevent this degradation of the pictures? I am getting ready to purchase a Powerbook for business use (I created this PPT on my personal mac) but will have trouble making my case to do so if the files I'm creating aren't completely readable by my co-workers. Thank you!

Most times the conflict lies with the software, i.e. version differences. Most likely its not a platform conflict but you could try and zip the file. You should be able to avoid any corruption issues that way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.