Abode Flash on MacBook Pro??

Reaction score
I am wanting to follow a series of editing tutorials for using Adobe Soundbooth. However it tells me I require updated Flash ... is it ok to download/upgrade the Adobe Flash on my macbook? I have heard that they dont go together well.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's OK to download and install the latest Adobe Flash on your MacBook. Be aware though that some things done in Flash (such as video) will take more graphic computing power and could slow everything down especially if you have integrated graphics.

C

chas_m

is it ok to download/upgrade the Adobe Flash on my macbook? I have heard that they dont go together well.

I wish I could find out where PC people are getting this wild misinformation!

Adobe Flash works fine on Macs.

It doesn't run on iOS devices because Mobile Flash always sucked and drained battery -- two things Apple cannot abide.

Adobe eventually saw the light and discontinued developing Flash for mobile devices. But Flash for desktop devices continues.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.