How to boot from DVD-R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey,

I downloaded Windows 7 64 bit and burned the iso file to a DVD-R.

I'm currently having trouble booting my Mac from the DVD-R.

I've tried holding 'c' on startup but it didn't work, please help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Assuming this is a legitimate ISO bought and downloaded from Microsoft...... did you burn the ISO file to a DVD or did you burn the DiskImage to a DVD?

OP
B
Reaction score
The iso was not bought legitimately. I burned the ISO file, not the DiscImage.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Then I'm afraid I can't help further.

From the Community Guidelines for the Forum:

"Respect copyrights and the law.
Don’t discuss or conduct content theft or any other illegal activity. Period. We follow U.S. law on the forums, so just because something might be legal in your country doesn’t mean it will be allowed here. If you’re ever in doubt, contact one of the moderators before you post. "

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Sorry, we do not allow discussion of any pirated software here at Mac Forums. Please read our Community Guidelines.

That pirated copy is likely your problem why its' not booting. I would suggest buying a legitimate copy of Windows 7 from Microsoft and trying again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.