***Shutting Off Unused Login Items***

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I just shut off a whole lot of unused login items by going to preferences --> users --> login items.

My question is...what are the applications titled:

- Popup (All Users)
- Notify (All Users)

I've done some searching around the internet and this site and didn't find anything in reference to these two applications. Is it safe to delete these from the list or are they essential to the running of the Mac OS X system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
For better help tho you should tell what OS version you are using etc. IE: I'm using Snow Leopard (10.6) but I know that Lion (10.7) has changed some things also.

I'm not sure what they are.. They might be related to your install or an install (you know if you wanted to be reminded later to register something). It might have something under kind or you might remember seeing a popup or reminder. Maybe it's something to do with a calender prog you have (I don't use ical so I can't really say about that).

OP
G
Reaction score
For better help tho you should tell what OS version you are using etc. IE: I'm using Snow Leopard (10.6) but I know that Lion (10.7) has changed some things also.

I'm not sure what they are.. They might be related to your install or an install (you know if you wanted to be reminded later to register something). It might have something under kind or you might remember seeing a popup or reminder. Maybe it's something to do with a calender prog you have (I don't use ical so I can't really say about that).

Thanks for the tip.

I'm using Lion (10.7.4), and here's a picture of the two items I am questioning:

9gvsyc.png

Once again, these are two START-UP items that I am thinking about disabling. I am just wondering if they are important to Lion or OS X.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
I'm not sure what application those are for. I am using Snow Leopard. My guess as I said that they are related to either the OS install (but I don't recall it putting those in mine - I just did a fresh install the other week) so it must be to do with another file. It also should be listed in activity monitor (that will probably show you what program it belongs to.)

Good luck

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.