• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Video shows purported next-gen iPhone 'uni-body' backplate in detail

Reaction score
Video shows purported next-gen iPhone 'uni-body' backplate in detail

A new video has surfaced of the alleged next-generation iPhone, featuring a side-by-side comparison of an iPhone 4S and a backplate identical to a part seen in previously leaked photos.
mf.gif

a2t.img

Read more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Definitely still a pipedream in terms of design. I love it, and would like to have it, but there's one thing that pretty much says this design can change a bit. The SIM card slot. It's smaller, yet this change has yet to be approved by the powers that be. That's a big factor in all of this I'd think. So while this design may be legit, it's still just a prototype and not final IMHO.

I would LOVE a magsafe connector, but don't understand the move to put the headphone jack on the bottom. I'd still have it facing up when in a jacket pocket, otherwise one would mess up the headphone cord after a short while. Love the unibody design, and that the glass on the back is gone, hope that stays.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Definitely still a pipedream in terms of design. I love it, and would like to have it, but there's one thing that pretty much says this design can change a bit. The SIM card slot. It's smaller, yet this change has yet to be approved by the powers that be.
Oh, but it has.

I would LOVE a magsafe connector, but don't understand the move to put the headphone jack on the bottom. I'd still have it facing up when in a jacket pocket, otherwise one would mess up the headphone cord after a short while. Love the unibody design, and that the glass on the back is gone, hope that stays.

Doug

Personally, I think the bottom of the phone is the only sensible place to put a headphone jack. The original iPod got this right, and for some reason the design changed later. The easiest way to put a phone into your pocket is top-down, since it is held in your hand with the top end pointing in that direction when you put your hand in your pocket anyway. Having the jack on top means having to flip the phone in your hand as you put it in your pocket. Having it on the bottom means no phone-slipping and the cord doesn't get messed up. It even makes more sense taking the pocket out of consideration, since the cord has to bend around less if you're listening to music while actually using the phone if it's on the bottom.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I stand corrected! I thought for some reason that the move to this nano SIM was being contested only and not yet approved. OK, so cool then!

Personally, I think the bottom of the phone is the only sensible place to put a headphone jack. The original iPod got this right, and for some reason the design changed later. The easiest way to put a phone into your pocket is top-down, since it is held in your hand with the top end pointing in that direction when you put your hand in your pocket anyway. Having the jack on top means having to flip the phone in your hand as you put it in your pocket. Having it on the bottom means no phone-slipping and the cord doesn't get messed up. It even makes more sense taking the pocket out of consideration, since the cord has to bend around less if you're listening to music while actually using the phone if it's on the bottom.

Well, I'll give you one thing... Better on the bottom then on the side! The rest is semantics that I can live with.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
There are so many rumors coming out for Apple products now that, for once, I'm not going to read into anything and just waiting for the official unveilings. Much simpler on my mind that way.

Reaction score
I do like these back plates. there is a picture somewhere, where the white plate looks cream, which I hated.

But my brain is exploding with all the rumours. All they have to say is its coming in october/sept and id be quite happy to just sit and wait and be surprised. But because I don't know, I spend about an hour a day scrolling the net for bits of news!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.