Recording Live Sound Into My Mac

Reaction score
Every week I mix the sound for live performances at a local club using a Mackie 1402-VLZ3 mixer. Usually it's just a karaoke track with a singer or a singer with an acoustic guitar and it sounds great BUT I've been asked to record these performances and I can't seem to figure it out.

I have a late '11 MacBook Pro and I'm using Amadeus recording software, and a Roland Fa-66 firewire audio interface. I'm hooking up something incorrectly because I can't seem to make it work. Is it as easy as hooking up patch cords going from the Tape Outputs on the mixer to the inputs on the FA-66? What the **** am I doing wrong? Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I am not an audio Guru but have you checked the input settings in Amadeus. Open its preferences, go to the Sound tab and look at the input settings. I think they are going to need to be set to whatever inout is the audio interface.

You may or may not need to change the settings in your Mac's Sound Preferences.

Reaction score
Do you only use Amadeus? I never heard about this program but there must be an option to record external signals. Garage Band can do this and any other sequencing software also. You have to arm the input channels and record the stereo signals coming from your live mixer.

Let me know when you've got it.

Cheers,
Kenaudio

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.