SSD Help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel core i5, 120gb SSD, 2.3GHZ, 4gb RAM, Macbook Pro 13 inch 2011 model
I am thinking about putting a solid state hard drive in my Macbook pro (2011 model 13 inch). I know how to use computers very well but i am a newbie in putting hardware in it. I want to put an SSD in there and i was thinking about buying the 2.5 inch corsair force GT SATA III. is this a good brand? any suggestions on a good brand or SSD that would work well in a macbook?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Nick! i will check into that :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, i5, SSD & 1TB, 8 GB
I installed the OWC Mercury Pro SSD in my Late 2008 MBP. The difference is amazing. Easy to install also. Many HOW TO videos on the web. I think OWC even has a How to Video on their site. Will install one in my Mac Pro at a later date.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 i3 27" 16gb Ram
If I may make a suggestion. Think about if you use your Superdrive much. if not OWC also sells a kit to replace the Superdrive with that SSD so you can have both the Speed of the SSD and that space of the standard drive if you need it.

That is what I plan on doing if and when I get a Macbook

Then Just use a USB dvd drive for the few times you will need to.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah that would be nice but that enclosure to put in the super drive bay is another 99.99 bucks, i only use 60gb of my 320gb right now so 120gb would be sufficient. Plus i use my CD drive. But if that works for you and your macbook then that would be awesome.

SR

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.