Document template downloading questions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Beautiful PB g4 17" 1.67 PPC
I have the need to download some office document templates from Microsoft. In doing so, when I try to open the downloads I am told that there isn't anything on my computer that will do it. I tried downloading Winzip for Mac and get the same result.

I run a PPC G4 17" 1.67ghz. with OSX 10.4. The downloads are cab. files and aap. files and nothing opens them that I can find. Is there an app that I can download that will open them? I have Office for Mac 2008 installed. Or, and even better, is there a a site on which I can download docs that are specific to the Mac OS, rather than deal with MS. I'm becoming reacquainted with Mac after a number of years with windows.

Thanks for the help

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not sure I understand what you're downloading? All the templates that are currently available for download on the Microsoft site are for both Windows and the Mac version of Office. Some are specific for a particular version, however, even most of the older templates will work with the latest version of Office for the Mac.

CAB files are Microsoft Windows cabinet files and can only be opened by the Windows installer. Why are you downloading CAB files?

Here is the proper link to the MS Office free template download site: LINK

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.