Parallels 7 and Windows 7

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS X 10.7
Hello all, sorry if this is a dumb question,

Have my new imac os x 10.7. My copy of parallels 7 and windows 7 home premium will be with me shortly.

My question is I have 3 printers connected and working with os x, when I install windows do I need to install drivers or whatever to use them in windows? Or when I first start windows, as they are all plugged in via usb, will it, hopefully, automatically install them?

So if I open office mac and go to print i have the option of 3 printers, when I have Windows and if I go to print a doc in say word, unless the drivers are installed, the printers will not show up. Is that right?

Same question if I connect a device that i can currently use in os x, for example Blackberry, Camera etc I need to install drivers or whatever in Windows?

Many thanks,

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Chances are you'll need to install drivers for the printers in order to use them in Windows 7. Generally, when you hook the printer via USB, Windows recognizes which printer it is and will ask for a driver disk if drivers are not already installed.

Cell phones will almost always require a special driver disk to use all that they're capable of like syncing contacts, etc. Windows should recognize most cameras so that depends. Cameras are a no brainer anyway. Just use a card reader instead of attaching the camera.

OP
TenerifeMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS X 10.7
Great Thank You for your help :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.