Hard drive issues

Reaction score
Hey guys

Just bought a macbook pro yesterday and while I'm having fun with it i am a bit disappointed in the fact i thought all of my pc peripherals would work seamlessly as i read they would.

I have two 1tb WD my passport hard drives that are totally full. I use these to carry my tv shows and movies when i go away to work and while the devices will connect to the mac and play they won't let me delete files or add new ones. Which is not very good!

From what i have read they need to be formatted but this will delete everything i have. Does anyone have a way round this or is there a way to make it fully functional with both??

OP
S
Reaction score
I installed (or think i did) macfuse to macintosh hd but when i look its not there and its not in applications or anywhere i can find so i don't think that works so much and now if it is installed i don't know how to get it off.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
MacFuse has problems and is still buggy. Read through this discussion article to learn how to remove MacFuse and 3G from your Mac. LINK

After it's removed, go to the Paragon site and download - buy ($19.95) Paragon NTFS which is a solid application that works. LINK

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for that.

I downloaded paragon and its brilliant but when i delete a file it disappears but frees up no space on my hard drive. i deleted about 10gb of stuff and it still stayed exactly the same.

any ideas?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your external hard drive has to remain attached and mounted when you empty the Trash otherwise the space will not be reclaimed.

OP
S
Reaction score
Ahhh. So you need to empty the trash as well to fully delete it. I thought that just removing it from the drive to the trash would be enough. Done it now. Thanks a lot.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not a problem. I've forgotten to do that very thing myself on several occasions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.