Need help to set up after using Migration Assistant

Reaction score
I just bought a Mac Mini and I tried using Migration Assistant to migrate all my file from PC to Mac Mini, I couldn't find the transferred files at first but reading through some forums later I found the file under Users Folder in Mac Mini. However, inside the Users Folder, there are 2 file - Syandra Kwan which is the administrator user account which the house icon and the other one is a folder named Shared.

So I went to System Preferences - Users & Groups, I only find Syandra Kwan account which is the admin account, but no other users listed.

I read though the instruction of how to set up Migration Assistant again and I'm still stuck!

HELP anyone...??:[

Reaction score
Shared is files that anybody can access, the Admin's files a re private to them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 13 MacBook Pro, 11" MacBook Air, 64G iPad, iPhone 4
I have never used the Migration Assistant as it was so easy to set up my first Mac and transfer the docs I wanted from my old PC using Wi-Fi.

Looking at your signature I guess you are the Syandra Kwan that has transferred your data to the iMac so I am unclear on what the problem is or what else you expect to see in the Users folder on the Mac. Does the Syandra Kwan folder contain anything?

Reaction score
I think the problem was that their was a shared folder she didn't understand, but I really aren't sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 13 MacBook Pro, 11" MacBook Air, 64G iPad, iPhone 4
If it's the Shared folder maybe the following will help.

If the Mac has more than one user each has their own folder. Whoever has logged on will find their folder shown with a house, i.e. their HOME folder. Users cannot access most files in a folder belonging to other people but everyone can access the Shared folder. So if a user saves a file and wants other users to have access it should be saved in the shared folder. Some programs also put data in the shared folder if all users need access to the data.

OP
S
Reaction score
I read from OS X Lion: About Windows Migration Assistant and followed every step as instructed. However, the result was not as written there, one example is Calendars: Outlook calendars are transferred to iCal, my iCal is still blank. I am very sure the files are transfered but it turned out to be a shared folder. I have also read somwhere the transferred files are supposed to be have a different log in or user account. That part i'm even more confused..

OP
S
Reaction score
@Andy, Syandra Kwan home folder contains all the MAC applications while the shared folder contains the files which are transfered by Migration Assistant.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.