Green lights

Reaction score
Quick question that will seem stupid to you lot!!

Ive only just noticed 7 green lights on the side of my mac and a button next to it that when u press it lights them all up?

What are these?

I hear something to do with battery?

Sorry for being dumb!

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
battery indicator if you press the button by the side of it, should show the strength of the battery charged.

OP
D
Reaction score
battery indicator if you press the button by the side of it, should show the strength of the battery charged.

So not battery power. just how good the battery is. i.e if it deteriorates over time.

7/7 is good then lol

Thanks for the info.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
g4 ibook 1.2/512 leopard, 2007 MacBook 2.0 c2d lion, 20" imac 1.8 cd , 2010 mac mini
the green lights show the level of battery charge.... ie, full charge or not. 7/7 green lights mean the battery is fully charged, not how good it is. you can download coconut battery to get an idea of the battery health.

OP
D
Reaction score
Ahh i see! Strange when theres a battery indicator on the screen! Ill download that now and see how mine is looking after 2 years!

C

chas_m

It's there to indicate to you how charged the battery is WITHOUT having to turn on the machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.